Location: London and Hertfordshire
– Online Therapy
– PTSD/trauma/EMDR therapy
– Divorce/family breakdown
- Private practice
– Clinical supervision
Email me: email@example.com
Cate Smail, MA, HCPC, MBACP, BAAT
Art Psychotherapist, EMDR practitioner and Clinical Supervisor.
*Please note that I am now offering online sessions. Contact me for full details.
“I provide a calm and confidential art therapy space which encourages self-exploration though the creative process. I work in a psychodynamic way, dealing with deep rooted issues in order to enable growth and recovery. I use a ‘person-centred’ approach, allowing clients to develop a sense of self in a comfortable and non-judgmental environment and supporting them to find solutions to their problems.”
Private Therapy sessions
I have two North London practices. Sessions are available at my art therapy studio in East Finchley and at the Kentish Town Health Centre. Please email me for more information on current rates and terms & conditions. See below for testimonials.
EMDR therapy for treating trauma and PTSD
I am also a trained EMDR therapist, and offer this therapy alongside art therapy and/or counselling for trauma and PTSD. Find out more about EMDR therapy here.
Areas of Specialisation
I have an integrative approach to working with adults and young people. In the past I have worked in NHS and community settings. I have experience in running groups, workshops and working one-to-one. I have a special interest in working with trauma. I work with those experiencing a range of mental health issues from depression and anxiety to dealing with family and relationship issues, including separation and divorce.
Qualifications and Professional Registrations
– MA in Art Therapy, the University of Hertfordshire
– BA Fine Art, Central St Martins, London University of the Arts
– BA, MA, Art History, University of Cambridge
– Registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
– Member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
– Member of The British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT)
– Registered with the EMDR Association of UK & Ireland
I have curated several art therapy exhibitions. In the past few years these have included:
– ‘Art & Healing’ at University College Hospital (2013)
– ‘Art & Healing’ at Tavistock Centre (2015)
– ‘Beyond Words: the healing power of art’ at the Centre for Better Health (2018)
– Director and Managing Agent at The Art Therapy Agency
– Director ArtTherapy4All CIC
– EMDR therapy
– Clinical supervision
Mobile: +44(0)7939 406270
Get in touch!