Tia Tefefe, MA
Tia is a qualified Art Psychotherapist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT).
Tia has experience of facilitating individual and group Art Therapy with children, young people, and adults in a variety of settings including: CAMHS, Kids Company, Day Centre for Adults with Learning Disabilities, NHS Adult Mental Health and Substance Intervention Services.
Central to her art psychotherapy practice is to provide a safe and supportive therapeutic environment to enable clients to engage in the creative process.
Her current work includes facilitating art therapy groups at a hostel supporting male service users wanting to break the cycle of substance misuse following their release from prison.
Tia is also the co-coordinator for the Addiction Special Interest Group (ADDSIG) within BAAT.
Areas of special interest
• Mental Health
• Substance Misuse
• Group Work
• A non-judgemental approach to all clients
• Good listening and communication skills
• Flexible practice
• Able to work efficiently and effectively within multidisciplinary teams
• Able to plan, deliver and evaluate art therapy sessions in different settings
• Sensitive to cultural differences, language barriers and illiteracy difficulties
• Committed to professional development
“Your groups have proved to be a real asset to this service”
Service Manager Feedback
Get in touch!